As you may know, Grace Kelly left Hollywood to marry Prince Rainier the third of Monaco. This decision was met with elation by many, but, there are also people who wonder: “what would’ve happen if Grace never left Hollywood?”
This popped into my head recently due to an assignment I had during my mass communications class at university.
We had to pick any person in history and ‘ask them’ ten questions that would provoke a breaking news headline.
Here are my 10:
- What was it like on your wedding day?
- Were you nervous marrying into a royal family?
- Do you still keep in contact with any of your ex co-stars?
- If so, who is the one you spoke with most recently?
- Do you ever want to get back into acting?
- Do you think about how your life may be different had you continued acting?
- What would you do if Alfred Hitchcock gave you the opportunity to come out of retirement?
- Would you accept his offer?
- What if one of your three children wanted to go into acting?
- How do feel about the shift in social attitudes since your twenties?
As you can tell, these are questions that I’m sure every classic film fan would love to hear the answers to.
I often wonder what it would’ve been like had Grace returned to the silver screen. But alas, all we have are pipe dreams and daydreams to keep us satiated.
I’ll leave with with this: a letter correspondence between Hitchcock and Grace when the former offered the role as ‘Marnie’ in the movie title of the same name.